Here is THE best crispy BBQ chicken wings recipe in Quebec. Yes, of course, we are talking about Terry Pomerantz’ recipe! Once you’ve tried it, you’ll either adopt it or adapt it to make it your own!
The best crispy BBQ chicken wings recipe
Terry Pomerantz always cooks crispy BBQ chicken wings with ingredients that are easy to find in most grocery stores.
As for quantities, like many chefs, Terry likes to “wing” it –pun intended!-, without measuring out all of the ingredients. “Firstly, I would rather use less ingredients than too many. I taste often and I adjust some of the ingredients as I go along, until it tastes as good as it does in a restaurant… or better!”
- Chicken wings (36 for 4 people)
- Store bought BBQ sauce
- 5 cups of flower
- White Pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- A bit of smoked paprika
- Garlic salt and garlic powder.
- In a double boiler, cook the chicken wings with vapor until they are about ¾ of the way done.
- Once cooking is about ¾ of the way, remove the chicken wings from the double boiler.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Cover the chicken wings with flour.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the other dry ingredients (BBQ sauce, white pepper, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, garlic salt, garlic powder).
- Place the chicken wings in a large freezer bag or airtight container. Pour the BBQ marinade into it. Let it sit in the fridge for about 12 hours.
Cooking your crispy chicken wings over the BBQ
- Bring barbecue temperature to 350 o
- Terry Pommerantz recommends hard wood charcoal made of oak or ash tree, or maple wood charcoal. They are the best types of wood for the grill.
- Cook the chicken wings on a cooking sheet until internal temperature reaches 175o
- Then cook the chicken wings directly on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes each side.
What white wine should you serve with BBQ chicken wings?
With crispy BBQ chicken wings, Terry Pomerantz suggests serving a white wine that is low in sugar like an Australian Riesling or a Californian Chardonnay. “If you prefer reds, a Zinfandel like the Ravens Wood or a Robert Mondavi will pair perfectly well with your crispy BBQ chicken wings.”
Terry Pomerantz, passionate about good food, shares with you his gastronomic favorites, tips and recipes, turning every meal into a memorable experience. Explore his culinary universe and discover the delights he suggests to tantalize your taste buds.