Terry Pomerantz gives us two excellent recipes for BBQ chicken seasoning, in the form of a dry rub and liquid marinade. These are Terry’s favorite!
Terry’s favorite marinade
For the BBQ chicken marinade, Terry Pomerantz uses:
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Honey or brown sugar
- 1 or 2 fresh Quebec garlic cloves
- A dash of store bought BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper
When Terry makes this BBQ marinade he doesn’t measure out ingredients, he uses his intuition. “I have always developed my seasoning recipes by improvising. My mother, like all Quebec moms, was a creative cook. These women had to use what they had in the fridge and the pantry, where they kept their “canning” and dry ingredients
“When improvising, the trick is starting small. Begin with small doses, especially when it comes to spices and salt. Add a little, then taste. Keep going until you reach the result you’re looking for!”
To prepare this BBQ chicken seasoning/marinade recipe, Terry Pomerantz:
- Mixes all ingredients in a bowl;
- Places chicken thighs and breasts in a sealable bag;
- Pours the marinade into the bag and ensures that the meat is covered thoroughly;
- Before sealing the bag, Terry removes the air by pressing firmly;
- Lets it sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
A dry rub
“When I cook BBQ chicken in the oven, I often go for a dry BBQ rub.”
- 3 tbsp. of brown sugar or maple sugar
- 4 tbsp. of sea salt
- 2 tbsp. of paprika
- 2 tbsp. of chili powder
- 2 tbsp. of onion powder
- 2 tbsp. of garlic powder
- A bit of store bought BBQ spices.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl
- Dry your chicken with a paper towel
- Rub the chicken with the BBQ seasoning; only use the required quantity for the size of the chicken
- Keep the rest of the dry rub in a jar, for another time.
“Enjoy this BBQ seasoned chicken with your favorite Italian rosé or Quebec rosé wine. Bon apétit!” concludes Terry Pomerantz.
Terry Pomerantz, passionate about good food, shares with you his gastronomic favorites, tips and recipes, turning every meal into a memorable experience. Explore his culinary universe and discover the delights he suggests to tantalize your taste buds.